Specifications include, but are not limited to: The labor, equipment, materials, tools,
transportation, and incidentals necessary to: Cut, pile, and burn or remove entirely from the site all trees
in designated project area on James Meger WMA in Yellow Medicine County. All stumps shall be grubbed out and
burned or removed. Site shall be leveled out following work to provide a smooth surface suitable for equipment
use. Total project area is approximately 5 acres. 1. Within the project treatment area, cut all trees and shrubs and grub out all stumps. Target species
include primarily medium-sized (<15” DBH) cottonwood trees. No herbicide treatment is required
for this project.
2. The target trees are within a low-lying wet area. This area will eventually be re-seeded, so damage
to the underlying vegetation is permitted, but within the Project Area only.
3. Extreme care must be given to avoid damage to underlying prairie grasses and forbs outside of the
Project Area. Outside of the Project Area, all wheeled/track equipment may only be used on
ground dry enough so vehicles and other equipment do not leave ruts. The Project Supervisor
reserves the right to suspend work if rutting or severe substrate damage is occurring during work
operations. Contractor shall coordinate access routes to the Project Area with the Project
4. The project areas will be marked with flagging on site as needed. The Project Supervisor may also
provide a GPS file with project boundaries.
5. All material must be removed from the site or piled and burned before the project completion date.
See 1.10 Pile Burning for further instructions.
6. Access to the project area may be possible through adjoining private land. Potential bidders should
discuss access with the Project Supervisor prior to submitting a bid.