Specifications include, but are not limited to: The State of Minnesota - Third Judicial District Administration (District) is using a competitive selection process to
select the vendor responsible to install and monitor ignition interlock devices (IID) for its Ignition Interlock Device
1. A single point of contact representative for the services described in this solicitation with availability
on a 24 hour per day, seven days per week basis.
Establish and maintain a 24/7 toll free number for customer service access. A voicemail service is sufficient.
a) The Vendor shall respond to the Ignition Interlock Coordinator (IIC) and customer calls within (1)
business day. The vendor shall maintain a log of customer contacts. The IIC will review customer
complaints and justifications for their possible non-compliance due to the vendor’s failure to respond in
a timely manner.
2. Installation of approved ignition interlock devices within vehicles in counties included in the District
Ignition Interlock program;
a) Enroll clients and have equipment installed within three (3) business days from the date of District referral.
b) Send installation confirmation to the District in the manner prescribed by the District including the date and
time of installation.
c) Send an Installation Certificate to the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Ignition Interlock program
within (1) business day after installation of the device.
d) At the time of installation, provide detailed instructions to the client on how to operate the device.
e) Notify the District within one (1) business day of any client’s failure to report for installation.
f) Monitor the device for compliance 24 hour hours per day, 7 days per week.
3. Installed devices that must have:
a) “Real time” wireless reporting capabilities;
b) Camera with photos;
c) A toll-free number permanently marked on the unit and viewable by the client after the device is
d) Any other general system requirements as determined by DPS.
4. Service, maintenance and removal of approved ignition interlock devices units from the vehicles of clients
enrolled in the District program. All ignition interlock device services proposed or required in this solicitation
must be provided by or through the Vendor.
5. Re-calibration and service of the ignition interlock device at least once every sixty (60) days or as required by