Specifications include, but are not limited to: Mechanical Cut Treatment
• Cutting the stem at the soil surface can be accomplished in a variety of methods. Hand tools, chain saws or brush saw
will be acceptable.
• The Contractor shall cut buckthorn and prickly ash shrubs within three 3 inches of ground level.
• Within 2 hours of cutting, buckthorn stumps must be treated with herbicide to prevent re-sprouting.
• Any vegetation, including oak, spruce, maple, aspen, birch, and balsam fir shall be reserved.
• No felling of stems into wetlands or on to private land.