Specifications include, but are not limited to:
Prepare presentations to the Waltham Historic Commissions and attend no less than 3 public
meetings as necessary.
Work with the City of Waltham and state and local commissions to ensure all standards are
Phase 1: Conceptual Design: Condition assessment and treatment recommendations
Phase 1 will include a written Conditions Assessment of the exterior and selected structural
elements plus treatment recommendation and cost estimates to define the scope of
• Review Conservation Assessment Report (2000) and other material provided by the City of
Waltham regarding previous exterior preservation efforts (2002, 2009, 2017) and age of
• Conduct comprehensive physical investigation of the exterior envelope.
• Evaluate selected problematic structural elements (i.e., shed dormer, columns at north
entrance and south loggia, northwest corner)
• Produce a written Conditions Assessment that includes: I.) Brief Overview Statement; 2.)
Research and Conditions Summary with Photo Documentation; 3.) Prioritized Treatment
Recommendations and 4.) Cost Estimates
• The Architect shall work with the City of Waltham to establish a scope of work for immediate