Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The Contractor shall provide round-trip daily bus transportation, as well as field trips from one (1)
camp location to field trip destinations, in accordance with these specifications.
Daily bus transportation requirements and the summer 2019 proposed trip locations, dates, and
times are shown on the price proposal pages. The final schedule shall be available by mid-May when
camp enrollment ends at which time the camp locations and number of participants shall be
The Contractor shall:
A. Provide proper buses and qualified driver(s) for round-trip daily transportation, as well
as field trips on days specified, for children 5 to 21 years of age with special needs
and Calvert County Government staff for Camp Calvert and TR Adventure summer
B. Camp Calvert and TR Adventure camps are held at Barstow Elementary School, 295
J.W. Williams Road, Prince Frederick, Maryland, 20678.
1) Camp Calvert
a) Camp Dates: June 24 – July 18 (closed July 4).
b) Ages 5 to 21.
c) Approximately fifty (50) campers, twenty (20) staff.
d) Wheelchair accessible buses shall be provided to accommodate at least
two (2) wheelchairs per bus.
2) TR Adventure
a) Camp Dates: June 25 – July 25 (closed July 4).
b) Ages 13 to 21.
c) Approximately twenty (20) campers, four (4) staff.
d) Wheelchair accessible transportation not required, IF field trip states
FOR TR ADVENTURE ONLY.
C. Daily Transportation
1) First pick up begins at 8:30 a.m. (local prevailing time) and drop-off to last
location by 4:30 p.m. (local prevailing time), Monday through Friday.
2) Morning buses to pick-up from two (2) locations (northern and southern areas
of Calvert County, Maryland) as listed on the Price Proposal form and drop off
at Barstow Elementary School.
3) Evening buses to pick-up from Barstow Elementary School and deliver to two
(2) locations (northern and southern areas of Calvert County, Maryland) as
listed in Price Proposal.
4) Each bus shall be capable of accommodating at least two (2) wheelchair
campers from each area (northern and southern areas).
5) Approximately twenty (20) campers from each area. It shall be the Contractor’s
responsibility to ensure sufficient number of buses are provided for each field
6) All buses shall include a Calvert County Government provided bus aide.
7) All drivers shall be capable of operating wheelchair lift(s), to comply with
wheelchair operating standards, as well as secure wheelchairs in place once on