Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The Enterprise Navigation System will be used to monitor the activity of MSDE state fleet vehicles.
1. The system shall operate in field conditions experienced in the daily operation of all fleet vehicles that are
involved in the State’s operation.
2. The software must be web-browser based and must not require the installation of any software components
on the individual client workstations (standard browser plugins excluded).
3. The solution software application must be up and running a minimum of 99% 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
4. Data transmission rates shall be configurable. Some vehicles will require real-time reporting (every 3
seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, and 30 seconds) while others will require less frequent updates (1 minute, 3
minutes, and 5 minutes). System shall also have the ability to report on event changes and distance and turn by
turn or a combination thereof. System shall be able to provide reporting as high as 3 seconds and as infrequent
as 10 minutes.
5. Event reporting shall include turn by turn reporting (i.e. report upon 15-degree change in directional
6. System display information shall be depicted only after authorization and authentication of employee is
7. The user interface shall only present the vehicles and permissions which that user has authorization to see.
Privileges shall be based on assigned username and password.
8. Multiple users shall be able to access the system simultaneously from multiple locations using the same
username and password combination.