Specifications include, but are not limited to:The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to procure the services of an Architectural and
Engineering (A/E) consultant firm to provide contract drawings, specifications, and engineering
estimates (PS&E) for the TAP – pedestrian and bicycle connectivity improvements to the
Aberdeen MARC Train Station in the City of Aberdeen.
The purpose of this RFP is to procure A/E services to complete the design of pedestrian and
bicycle connectivity improvements to the Aberdeen MARC Train Station and several identified
areas leading from the community to the train station. Specifically, the improvements will
1) enhancements to the transit waiting area which includes a 22” seating wall behind the bus
shelter, add brick pavers around the bus shelter and sidewalks beyond the seating wall, add tree
grates with installation of flowering trees and other landscaping, installation of a cell phone
charging station and three Acorn style light posts, consolidate sign post and relocate existing
2) construct five (5) foot sidewalk extending from existing curb ramp to the edge of the
residential community (Highland Commons) along Polk Street (formerly Taft Street) to
intersection of East Bel Air Avenue to intersection of APG Road and add three (3) street trees;
3) construct five (5) foot wide sidewalk along the existing curb extending from the Magnolia
Farms apartment complex along East Bel Air Avenue to the intersection of APG Road and add
approximately eight (8) street trees.
The Consultant will provide the following, in association with this scope of work:
• Designs, drawings, plans, as-builts, estimates, project reports, specifications, construction
documents, and project reviews.
• Details of improvements (e.g., safety, lighting, drainage, environmental, aesthetic
• Design alternatives as needs arise, to include an analysis of the various alternatives.
• Budget and construction cost estimates.
• Design and construction schedules.
• Outlines and schedules of various, applicable processes, as well as, industry applicable
• Written technical matrices for comparing design plans, specifications, and cost estimates
of viable alternatives.
• Drawings containing parcel delineations, right-of-way maps, etc.
• Reproducible construction specifications and comprehensive engineering design
drawings suitable for public bidding by the City of Aberdeen.
• Final construction documents shall be permit ready.
• Digital formats of reports and/or graphics (e.g., Microsoft Word, PDF, etc.)
• Project Schedule
• Monthly Milestone Reports