Specifications include, but are not limited to: The Town of Falmouth is interested to update its 2013 Comprehensive Plan. Prior to commencing
this work, the Town wants to conduct Phase 1 of this work - develop a Town Vision and Values
statement to inform the comprehensive plan update. The Town envisions the consultant to
develop and conduct a robust public process that will lead to such a statement.
This work will be overseen by the Town Council and applicable committees.
Potential Additional Scope of Work – Phase 2
The Town reserves the right to enter into a contract with the consultant for services pertaining to Phase 2 -
assisting the Town with updating the 2013 Comprehensive Plan.
For Phase 2, the Town anticipates that the updated Comprehensive Plan will meet the requirements for
consistency with the goals and guidelines of the Growth Management Act (30-A M.R.S.A. §§ 4312 - 4350). It
• the vision statement that summarizes the community’s desired future community character
(result from Phase 1 work);
• a summary of the public participation process undertaken;
• a regional coordination program;
• minimum required analyses, condition and trend data, policies, and strategies;
• a Future Land Use Plan with associated maps and narrative;
• an implementation section; and,
• provision for future periodic evaluation of the plan and its implementation.