Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. All ports shall be 10/100/1000 auto sensing with PoE available on all ports.
Note: it is the responsibility of the installer to insure that PoE capabilities of
the switches meet the power requirements of attached access points.
2. Switches shall be capable of layer 2 routing.
3. Switches shall support management protocols SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2,
RMON 3, RMON 9, TELNET, SNMP 3, SNMP 2C, HTTP. And be
manageable through either a GUI or command line interface.
4. VLAN support including complete IEEE 802.1Q.
5. Switches shall be stackable with a single IP address for a stack of up to 16
6. Where multiple switches are located in the same telecommunications room
they shall be configured as a single stack with a single uplink module in the
stack. Each uplink module shall support 4 optics modules.
7. Uplink optics shall be included as noted in the equipment table. Note, the
SFP+ modules are not required to be manufactured by the switch OEM but
will need documentation from the vendor that they are compatible with the
switches being provided on the project.
8. The switch stack in the MDF must be equipped with fiber optic modules to
accept incoming fiber links from all IDF's.