Specifications include, but are not limited to:
One goal of this RFP is to contract with a qualified Proposer who will develop the SCORP 2020. The SCORP 2020 is an updated version of the Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan for the 2020-2025 period. The SCORP 2020 shall comply with the LWCF Program requirements. An LWCF-compliant SCORP is required for the continuation of federal LWCF funding for outdoor recreation projects in Louisiana.
Another goal of this RFP is for the DOR to obtain data updates and improved maps, charts, graphs, etc. to improve DOR’s service to the public.
The primary objectives are listed below and are expanded upon throughout this RFP.
1. Obtain a complete SCORP 2020 that:
a. Meets federal requirements.
b. Establishes outdoor recreation priorities.
c. Creates an outdoor recreation information resource tool for decision makers, planners, and the public.
d. Provides a strategy for guidance and recommendations to planners and decision makers for outdoor recreation and conservation management and planning.
e. Communicates connections between outdoor recreation, individual wellness benefits, community health, and a thriving economy.
2. Obtain updated outdoor recreation inventory data, such as existing outdoor recreation facilities statewide.
3. Obtain updated outdoor recreation Geographic Information System (“GIS”) data.
4. Obtain charts, graphs, tables, etc. for DOR’s use and provide to other state agencies, local municipalities, and planners for outdoor recreation.
5. Obtain an interactive web-based map with recreation features.