Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The successful contractor shall propose how to staff and provide outside vendors for the following:
1) Contractor shall promptly become operationally familiar with the building’s common fire alarm and
emergency systems, HVAC, plumbing and other systems.
2) Contractor shall be available to meet with COS staff as needed to discuss, review and promptly respond
to issues and needs.
3) Contractor shall be responsible for retail leasing, including acquiring tenants, assuring compliance with
applicable regulations, collecting of rents and enforcing of leases.
4) Contractor shall be responsible for coordination and suggested tenant improvements.
5) Contractor shall be responsible for operational and capital improvement budgeting.
6) Contractor shall be responsible for property maintenance and management, including maintenance of
complete books and records for all costs and expenses incurred and all income and other revenues
received. The Contractor shall provide:
(a) a monthly operating statement, including rentals and other revenues received and expenses incurred,
(b) an annual Operating Plan to be submitted for review and approved by the City of Shreveport, which
plan shall set forth the proposed operations relating to the management of the area for the next
succeeding calendar year, and
(c) an annual reconciliation of Common Area expenses and assessments.
7) Contractor shall be responsible for providing property supervision, including the provision of a property
manager to visit the property no less than once per week for the purpose of meeting with tenants and
vendors, to assure that the properties demands are well managed. In addition, Contractor shall be
available on an “on-call” basis to meet with various tenant representatives and/or COS staff.
8) Contractor shall be responsible for emergency services including the provision of a property manager on
call 24-hours-per-day, seven-days-per- week to respond to emergencies.
9) Contractor shall be responsible, at its expense, for all employees needed for execution of this contract.
10) Contractor shall be responsible for maintaining trust account. Contractor shall deposit therein all
revenues received from the management of said properties. Such amounts shall not be commingled with
accounts for any other project managed by the Contractor and shall be kept separate from Contractor’s
11) Contractor shall be responsible for promptly investigating all accidents or claims for damages relating to
the leasing, operation, and maintenance, including any damage to or destruction of the properties, and
the estimated cost of repair thereof. Contractor shall cooperate and coordinate any and all reports
required by an insurance carrier or governmental authority in connection therewith.
12) Contractor shall be responsible for taking such further actions in connection with the management,
leasing, operation, planning, and development of the said property as the COS shall reasonably require.
13) Contractor shall develop and present a complete report identifying suggested improvements/changes
ideas that will attract potential tenants and visitors.