Specifications include, but are not limited to: The French Market Corporation (“FMC”) desires to obtain proposals
from law firms licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana interested in providing outside counsel
legal services on an as-needed basis in various specialties for FMC. The services are professional
in nature and will be assigned by the Executive Director of FMC.
1) Provide legal research, advice, and/or opinions in the following areas for projects (a) requiring
an independent firm with no conflict of interest with the City or FMC, and (b) requiring
a. Litigation, including Financial Litigation and Construction Litigation
c. Tax, Public Finance, & Municipal Bonds
d. Real Estate Finance and Development, including Concessions and Leases
e. Ethics, Fiduciary Duties, & Municipal Representation
f. Contract & Procurement
2) Represent FMC in selected negotiations, legal proceedings, litigation, and administrative
hearings as directed.
3) Recommend and hire outside experts for projects requiring technical expertise, when
instructed by the Executive Director.
4) Provide written status reports of all pending matters to the Executive Director upon request.
5) Seek any necessary opinions, letters, or other documentation on behalf of FMC.
6) Submit copies of all significant pleadings, briefs, research, correspondence, and work product,
whether generated by the legal services provider or any other party, to the Executive Director
in sufficient time to allow meaningful review before taking further action.
7) Advise and consult with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors of FMC with
respect to strategic or tactical decisions associated with a particular matter or assignment.
8) Apprise the Executive Director of all significant development in any and all matters assigned.