Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. Responsibilities:
The Contractor shall provide the following:
1. Provide a Licensed Physician (M.D.) and an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or
additional Licensed Physician prior to starting date.
a. Physician: Copy of Medical License (renewed each year, verified by computer printout from
the KY Board of Medical Licensure; copy of original license; copy of medical diploma; copy of
residency certificate; copy of Board Certification; proof of malpractice insurance (Declaration
page); letter from Dean of medical school verifying the individual is a graduate of that school;
verification of their hospital staff memberships; copy of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Certificate; criminal background check in and out of state along with a check of the Kentucky
Nurse Aid Registry; The Office of Inspector General (OIG) U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services Exclusion Database Search evidence of PPD/CPR test, and Drug Screening.
b. Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN): APRN license; Kentucky Board of Nursing
RN license; Diploma or Board Certification; Prescriptive Authority; Collaborative Practice
Agreement; Evidence of PPD/CPR test; Drug Screening; Criminal background check in and
out of state, along with a check of the Kentucky Nurse Aid Registry and The Office of Inspector
General (OIG), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Exclusion Database Search.
2. Ensure rounds are performed daily by a licensed physician or an APRN working under the
supervision of a licensed physician.
3. Ensure coverage is provided on a seven days per basis; with 24 hour on-call service. If on-call
services are needed, contractors will be contracted as soon as need is identified.
4. Assign only those personnel appropriately licensed in the resprective skill level to perform
5. Advise facility management on supply and drug usage and selection of medical equipment, as
6. Consult primarily with physicians having appropriate credentials, qualifications and expertise in
their area of consultation and medical judgment required for proper patient care.
7. Provide availability at all times for consultation or care of the patients requiring services.
8. Participate in the quality initiatives of the facility.
9. Exercise independent clinical decision-making and medical judgment in the performance of clinical
work and functions within the scope of their training and license.
10. Perform annual resident physicals on, or before, patient established anniversary date.
11. Ensure that transcription of daily progress notes are performed routinely.
12. Maintain current Kentucky unlimited license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of
13. Provide appropriate credentials to the facility director or his/her designee as required to
complete the facility medical practitioner credentialing process.