Specifications include, but are not limited to: • Follows the progress of the patient, assessing the psychiatric and medical conditions and make diagnoses, evaluating
the effectiveness of the prescribed regimen, and modifying treatment as indicated
• Orders laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures
• Assesses the need for seclusion and restraint and takes responsibility for justifying such treatment
• Completes mental status examination as often as necessary.
• Maintains an assigned clinical caseload.
• Consults appropriately with supervisor or other LSH personnel who can provide expertise in special treatment
problems, as well as making referrals to consultants as deemed appropriate
• Carries out medical and psychiatric examination for patients at the time of admission; makes a psychiatric assessment,
diagnoses, and formulates the initial treatment plan along with the unit’s treatment team
• Prescribes initial treatment and diagnostic procedures
• Communicates with other involved staff members regarding patient’s needs
• Explains to the patients all prescriptions and procedures; including benefits and risks
• Provides Psychiatric Consultations as requested
• Court testimony