Specifications include, but are not limited to: Shawnee County Parks + Recreation (SCP+R) are requesting bids for repair and replacement of the pump and waterfall flow to existing ponds at Ted Ensley Gardens at Lake Shawnee. The location within the Ted Ensley Gardens is the upper pond around the gazebo; 1. Clean out and remove pond liner at the upper pond.
2. Remove the retaining blocks and stone walls around the pond edge of the upper pond.
3. Install 45 mil EPDM pond liner, approximately 4,000 sq. ft. Pond liner must have a minimum of a 15
4. Install Geo text tile underlayment and on top of the liner.
5. Install retaining blocks and stone over new liner in existing location around the pond’s edge.
6. Use existing retaining blocks to rebuild the pond’s edge. Replace broken or non-sufficient retaining
blocks as needed.
7. Smooth grade and cover all liner at top edge with existing retaining wall blocks and additional features
to make pond appealing with approval of Project Manager.
8. Strap liner to concrete walls under the bridge.
9. Install new 3” Schedule 40 PVC plumbing to existing 3’ plumbing buried beneath the ground surface
10. Secure plumbing and make water tight where it enters the pond.
11. Waterfall from upper pond to middle pond will be approximately 4-5’ wide.
12. Remove and replace existing pump at lower pump house with a new 5HP High Head Self-Priming Pump
from Performance Pro. Pump must be a 230V that draws 17.9 – 18.4 Amps. Pump must have a
minimum of a three (3) year manufacture warranty.
13. Before installing new pump, blow out the suction line at the vault and pressure test the discharge
14. The second pump inside the pump house will not be removed, but will not be used in this project due to
the new pump being more efficient to control the waterfall.
15. Trench from lower pond at exposed pipe to the existing line.
16. Install new 3” Schedule 40 PVC line from lower pond to middle pump house and connect existing lines.
17. Backfill and cover pipe to a smooth grade.
18. Remove exposed pipe in lower pond and stream