Specifications include, but are not limited to: replacement of approximately
4400 water meters with a new system that includes a number of remote functions such as meter
reading, disconnect, and endpoint alarm handling. The water line replacement portion consists
of replacing approximately 6000 ft. of 2”,4”, and 6” water line with new 6” line, reconnection of
water meters to new main, new fire hydrants and all fittings as required.
This project will be funded by State Revolving Loan Funding. The funding for this project is in the
approval process now and will not be approved prior to the issuance of this RFQ. The engineering
firm selected for this project will assist the City in completing the loan application and submittal
process to the State of Kansas, development of the required Preliminary Engineering Report,
assistance with SRLF requirements of the City during construction, and project closeout.
The project scope, at a minimum, will include the following for each design element:
• Preparation of the Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) in accordance with
KDHE requirements and revisions as needed to obtain KDHE approval
• Field survey and geotechnical investigations as required
• Development of design specifications and construction plans
• Development of budget/cost estimates
• Development of anticipated completion schedule
• Submission of design documents to KDHE for approval
• Develop a strategy for deploying an AMI system throughout the City’s existing
and potential future service areas, including all meters and radios.
• Assistance with the SRLF loan application and administration requirements
• Bidding and construction administration services