Specifications include, but are not limited to: The University of Kansas (to include all campus locations, the academic medical center,
University Affiliates and Political Subdivisions of the State of Kansas) is seeking to enter into a
multi-award contract with established, qualified, and experienced internal audit sourcing
firms knowledgeable in providing quality internal audit resources in the areas of public higher
education along with emerging internal audit issues. The services sought by KU are in the
performance of a number of roles including: supplementing audit resources through staff
augmentation; sourcing specific internal audit engagements; and sourcing specific technical
experience in higher education, sponsored research, information technology, and related
compliance risks. The services may include one or more of the following:
• Providing staff augmentation through co-sourcing when the need arises.
• Providing specific technical expertise in higher education, information technology, privacy, and
sponsored research administration and related regulatory areas, assisting in audits in these
• Conducting specific audits or advisory projects with the oversight of KU’s internal audit office.
• Bringing thought leadership along with internal audit practices and tools that enhance the
university’s internal audit function.
• Providing in the broadest sense specialized services that may be required by an internal audit
Each non-exclusive contract award will be for a three-year term, with an option available to