Specifications include, but are not limited to: The contractor shall:
A. The contractor will be responsible for cutting and trimming all grasses, weeds,
and obnoxious growths of vegetation.
1. Any area that cannot be mowed with a riding lawnmower, will be mowed
with a walk behind or trimmed with a powered weed trimmer.
2. The removal of trash, litter, and tree limbs will be required in mowing
3. Vegetation next to fence lines, signs, poles, buildings, structures and
other obstacles designated by the City of Wichita will also be trimmed with
a powered weed cutter.
4. Grass shall be mowed or trimmed to 3” or less, without scalping or
completely stripping the ground of vegetation. The contractor will not be
allowed to adjust mowing equipment deck(s), which will provide for
mowed vegetation to exceed 3” in height without prior approval from the
City of Wichita.
5. The contractor will be responsible for removal of all volunteer trees, stump
sprouts, and root sprouts. Pathway herbicide or approved equal will be
applied to the remaining cut surface of the vegetation.
6. The contractor will be responsible for removing tree limbs/branches and
other trash or debris impeding the path of the mowers. Mowing over
trash is not acceptable.
7. The debris is to be removed from the grounds by the contractor. The
contractor is not to mow a path around any debris leaving vegetation unmowed.