Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. Generally. The Contractor shall assume responsibility for collecting and receiving all sums of money due or payable to the City on all Accounts assigned to it by the City (the “Services”) using ordinary and reasonable collection efforts and complying with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations in the performance of such Services.
B. Exchange of Information. The Contractor will possess the following capabilities and apply the same in the performance of its Services:
1. Ability to provide a secured site (“SFTP”) for the exchange of electronic data.
2. Ability to accept customer Account files, and any information related to such files, from the City in electronic format; and verify the receipt of such files in electronic format.
3. Ability to provide customer Account files, and any information related to such files (i.e., relevant Customer information, overdue amounts, any payment(s) received through collection efforts, etc.), to the City in electronic format;
4. Ability to provide multiple data files and merging such files into a single transaction or document for purposes of consolidating information.
5. Ability to provide data in an Excel file format.