Specifications include, but are not limited to:
Eligible respondents who can provide new, unused electric vehicle charging stations. • Electric vehicle charging station infrastructure that allows open access to all drivers
without requiring subscriptions.
• A revenue stream to pay for electricity, capital equipment, operations, and maintenance.
• Ability for drivers to find charging stations via web enabled cell phones.
• Notifications by SMS, text, or e-mail when charging is complete.
• Updating of security functions through remote firmware updates. Security should include
access control, user authentication, and encryption to eliminate user data and energy
• Remote monitoring and diagnostics for networked chargers for superior quality of service.
• Smart grid integration for utility load management with future Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G)
• Green House Gas savings calculations per driver and per fleet.
• Fleet vehicle management.
• Comply with State of Iowa and local building and electrical codes.