Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. Custodial Work Hours 3 Times a week, Monday-Wednesday & Friday
Between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
1. Dust shall be removed and not scattered around the room. No feather dusters will
be used. Surfaces shall be free from dust after dusting is completed.
2. All cleaning (including spot cleaning) of surfaces should be done with either a
damp cloth or an appropriate cleaning compound.
3. All surfaces from the floor to 6 feet, 6 inches high shall be dusted at least twice
weekly. This dusting should either be done completely. The tops of all door
frames, all shelving units, and all partitions will be dusted at least once a week.
This includes any shelves above 6 feet, 6 inches in height. The cleaner is
obligated to develop a schedule and a method to do this dusting that is acceptable
to the City of West Des Moines Public Safety #19.
1. All floors shall show no dust or dirt streaks and no dirt or dust shall be left behind
and under furniture, pipes, benches, work- tables, doors, corners or any other
object that is not installed or securely fastened in place.
2. All entryway mats and rugs will be vacuumed and/or shaken every week, except in winter when it should be done twice weekly, or more if necessary. Under no
circumstances should dirt and/or water be allowed to accumulate between the
tiled floor and a rug