Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. The selected firm will furnish all services necessary to complete the space needs
analysis in a thorough and professional manner. As part of the Request for Qualifications
process, the consultant is expected to utilize their experience and industry expertise to
help the project team refine the final scope of services. It is currently envisioned that the
space analysis will include the following consultant tasks:
2. Conduct a partnering or kick-off session to develop project alignment.
3. Conduct multiple and extensive interview sessions with affected department heads,
elected officials, and certain internal committees,(e.g., Safety, Green, and Space
Needs), to determine current and future space needs of the departments and offices and
how they may be re-located or re-designed to create better alignment between their
physical environment and programmatic responsibilities.
4. Prepare an interior programming and space needs analysis of current space needs and
future space needs through 2040, based upon projections of the County population,
County full-time equivalents, and programmatic growth and evolution.
5. Incorporate energy efficiency, audio-visual, and security technology improvements in the
6. Incorporate recommendations for improvements to wayfinding and the efficient
movement of the public, employees and equipment both into and within the buildings,
which may include the addition of a third elevator to the HHSB.
7. Incorporate projections of future parking demand associated with the use of both