Specifications include, but are not limited to: The purpose of this RFP is to select a vendor that can satisfy the State’s need for toxicology testing
services. It is the intent of ISDH to contract with a vendor that provides quality toxicology testing
for county coroner drug overdose cases.
The future contractor will be responsible to do the following:
• Provide detection, identification, analysis technique, quantification limit and quantification of
drug compounds in the ISDH Comprehensive Panel.
• Will accept and test samples submitted by any of Indiana’s 92 county coroners.
• Will accept and test blood, urine, and vitreous samples.
• Will conduct testing for the highest number of the drugs listed in the ISDH Comprehensive
Panel through either blood and/or urine and/or vitreous samples.
• Have a system in place to monitor for the latest developments and trends of all synthetic
fentanyl, cannabinoids, and psychoactive analogues. Detection and quantification of these
will be added to the ISDH Comprehensive Panel at (preferably) no additional charge. If bidder
will charge to add, must list what the additional cost will be.
• Provide all necessary services and supplies for specimen collection by 92 county coroners,
including but not limited to the following: mailers with preprinted return labels, appropriate
tubes, bottles, syringes, specimen transport bags, evidence seals, transport boxes, preprinted
requisitions with billing information for ISDH, shipping costs, documented forensic chain of
custody, laboratory analysis, formal written reports, interpretation and consultation services,
a minimum of 12 months of specimen maintenance with an option for extended storage
available upon request, and a minimum of seven years of records maintenance (or in
accordance with the contractor’s accreditation/certification schedule requirements for