Specifications include, but are not limited to: The Rockford Public Library is seeking proposals from professional architectural,
engineering or other qualified firms to conduct property condition assessments (PCA) of
three RPL owned facilities and two RPL rental facilities. When completed, information
obtained in the assessment will allow RPL to proactively plan for the maintenance, repair,
and renewal of their facilities.
• inspect, document, and grade the condition of the facilities
• identify and document deficiencies therein and corrective actions
• identify code compliance deficiencies and corrective actions
• provide useful life information and determine where each structure/system/major
component falls within its life cycle
• develop prioritization systems for current conditions and identified deficiencies, i.e.
immediate, one year, five year, and ten years
• prepare cost estimates for corrective actions based on scoring and appropriate
• identify opportunities for cost savings, increasing system efficiencies and
performance, and cost avoidance