Specifications include, but are not limited to: The Cities of Geneva and St. Charles (Cities) are requesting Qualifications (RFQ) from your Consulting
Firm to perform phase I design engineering services for Kautz Road.
1. Data Collection and Field Investigation
a. Review of As-Builts, Subdivision Plans and Existing Utility Investigations performed by the
• Full topographic survey. Cross-sections to be surveyed at least every 50 feet.
• Limits to include entire area within the Right-Of-Way plus up to the front of the
houses on either side of the street.
• For side streets, a minimum of 100’ outside of the intersection shall be surveyed.
• All features within the above area shall be surveyed, including but not limited to
utilities, sidewalk, driveways, trees, landscaping, property corners, lighting, etc.
• All material types shall be noted.
• Survey all high and low points within survey limits.
• Partial sections required at all driveways.
• For utility structures all pipe information include inverts, pipe material, etc. shall be
surveyed and noted on the base drawing.
• Complete base drawing preparation in Microstation format
• Establishing the existing Right-Of-Way.
• All existing field data and electronic files shall be submitted to the Cities.
• The Cities will provide a copy of all available information regarding existing utilities,
old roadway plans, easement information and plat information.
b. JULIE Design Locate.