Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. Act as Issuer’s disclosure counsel; rendering of opinion on the validity of the Village’s bond
offering, the security for the offering and whether interest on the bonds is exempt from
income and other taxation.
2. Support with the preparation of the Preliminary Official Statement (“POS”), Official Statement
(“OS”) and Notice of Sale.
3. Assist in planning and structuring the Village’s bond issue(s) and supervision of the
procedures of issuance.
4. Coordinate with the Financial Advisor regarding bond issue(s).
5. Preparation of documents necessary or appropriate to the authorization, issuance, sale and
delivery of the bond(s).
6. Obtain required approvals, validation, ruling, permissions and exemptions as bond counsel
determines to be necessary or appropriate to the issue(s).
7. Render opinions on questions related to the Village’s bond obligations, on applicability of
federal and state laws, security agreements, and any other relevant issues.
8. Assist in presenting information to bond rating agencies and bond insurers, if necessary.
9. Lend support in all required reporting associated with the Village’s bonded indebtedness,
such as review of arbitrage reporting and annual bond disclosure.
10. Advise the Village on new or revised regulations and interpretations concerning tax-exempt
debt issuance, including arbitrage restrictions.
11. Provide advice regarding the applicability of regulations to outstanding debt, including any
debt issued prior to the commencement of this agreement, and projected future debt
12. Attend public meetings where action by the Village is required and/or requested by the
13. Preserve and make available all records related to the bond issuance.