Specifications include, but are not limited to: The Idaho Military Division is requesting quotes from qualified Vendors for the lease of one (1) full size conventional water truck (Water Truck) in accordance with the specifications provided in this sourcing event (RFQ). The primary use for this Water Truck will be for dust mitigation, road and trail improvements, and land rehabilitation for the Idaho National Guard Orchard Combat Training Center (OCTC);
• Three (3) month lease of a Water Truck that must meet or exceed the specifications below.
• The Water Truck is a conventional cab, turbo diesel engine, automatic transmission, 4,000-gallon
water tank, four hundred to five hundred fifty (400-550) gallons per minute (GPM), with the proper
10 July 2019
fittings, inlets and outlets necessary for road work operations. The Water Trucks will be used to
travel over paved and gravel roads, unimproved surfaces, and ability to spray and transfer water to
the necessary work locations.
• Water tank: Four thousand (4,000) gallon, polypropylene, rectangular water tank. The water tank
shall have a fill tower of not less than a twenty (20) inch inside diameter for personnel access to the
interior of the tank for cleaning and inspection.
• Tank to pump intake line: All metallic surfaces of the pump intake line and associated components
that come into contact with the water shall be of passivated stainless steel or bronze and shall be
capable of storing brackish/saltwater. The tank to pump valve(s) shall be air or electrically actuated
with a manual override.
• Tank-to-fill connection: One (1) six (6) inch gated fill connection located at the right rear of the
water tank. Standard hydrant fitting on one end of fill hose and a two and a half (2 ½) inch quick
connect on the other end that will hook to a hard pipe going to top of the tank to fill at the man hole