Specifications include, but are not limited to: The State of Hawaii Family Health Service Division (FHSD) Children with Special Health
Needs Branch (CSHNB) is soliciting quotes to educate targeted groups about the dangers of
lead-based paint and persuade them to take specific actions that will prevent children from being
A. Develop an intervention plan for contacting, educating, and persuading
targeted groups and individuals on Oahu and the neighbor islands that may
have a financial interest to ignore lead-based paint issues and/or is not easily
reached by traditional outreach and training programs.
1. Survey and/or meet with representatives of targeted groups to gather
relevant information for the intervention plan, discover primary
concerns / barriers to compliance, answer questions, prepare for future
2. Customize the intervention plan to account for expected resistance
points from each group. Use relevant health behavior theories and
models (see examples below) to inform development of the plan.
a) Social Cognitive Theory
b) Integrated Behavioral Model
c) PRECEDE-PROCEED Model
3. Identify individuals and organizations within targeted groups.
4. Define talking points and strategy used for each group.
5. Identify, acquire, and/or develop written and electronic educational
a) See Lead.Hawaii.Gov for materials published by HI-CLPPP.
6. Develop proposed timeline for outreach efforts across the state.
B. Track progress and compile detailed contact information.
1. Develop a spreadsheet that lists all contacts developed and/or made
under this contract on behalf of HI-CLPPP.