Specifications include, but are not limited to: The Contractor must provide all labor, equipment, materials, tools, supplies and
appurtenances necessary to furnish, deliver, and install a Horizontal Balancing Machine
for the Department of Environmental Services, City and County of Honolulu.
The horizontal balancing machine shall be an IRD Balancing B Series-B50 or
1. Weight Capacity: 5000 lb.
2. Maximum Rotor Diameter: 94 in.
3. Maximum Sensitivity: 0.16 g in.
4. Standard Bed Length: 85.5 in.
5. Journal Diameter Range: 0.75 - 13 in.
6. Journal to Journal Separation: 5.5 - 80 in.
7. Drive Type: Underslung Belt Drive with Manual belt
8. Drive Motor (standard): DC 3.7 kW (5HP) Variable speed motor with
9. Balancing Speed Range: 250 to 6000 RPM
10. Number of Balance Planes: 2