Specifications include, but are not limited to: • Provide dental examinations for all youths upon admission, transfer, parole, or
discharge from the facility during clinic hours.
• Provide preventive and prosthetic dentistry.
• In operative dentistry. Prepare, treat and fill cavities of the teeth with proper filling
material; perform simple extractions and treat soft tissues of the oral cavity.
• In prosthetic dentistry. Prepare, repair, and place dentures and other prosthetics.
Recommend the procurement of any prosthesis.
• Prepare the mandible and/or maxilla for the reception of dentures.
• Secure x-rays as part of routine examination and of all areas where focus of infection
or other problem is suspected.
• Authorize the procurement of supplies by preparing and forwarding requisitions and
maintain inventory of all dental supplies. Prepare dental records on individual youths