Specifications include, but are not limited to: Analyzer shall:
1. Be compliant with all U.S. Environmental Protection Agency NCore Network requirements
for the measurement of NOy.
2. Use chemiluminescence principle.
3. Be microprocessor controlled.
4. Be equipped with a temperature controlled heated NOy converter assembly housed in a
weatherproof enclosure and umbilical assembly to allow a mounting height of 10 meters.
umbilical assembly shall include all pneumatic and electrical connections to the converter
housing. Converter shall be user replaceable.
5. Be modular in design and fully enclosed in a metal cabinet, allowing for easy access for
servicing. It shall be supplied with all the hardware, including slides and brackets,
necessary for mounting in a 19" wide by 25" deep instrument rack. Telescoping slides must
provide a safety-locking device to hold empty rails in-place during installation to prevent
personnel injuries and damage to the analyzer. Analyzer shall have rack ears and handles
6. Be mounted so that they can be easily and quickly removed, serviced, and reinstalled. All
units and subunits shall be interchangeable and shall be of modular construction. All
modules shall be capable of replacement with maximum service of 30 minutes using only
screwdrivers and/or crescent wrenches.
7. Be equipped with 3 conductor A.C. input power cord and be at least 6 feet in length with a
standard 3 prong grounded plug. The A.C. input to each analyzer shall be at the rear of
each analyzer. The connectors shall be wired so that the "hot" terminal (black wire) is
connected to the brass terminal throughout. The supply voltage shall be nominal, 115 + 10
VAC, 60 + 3 Hz, single phase.