Specifications include, but are not limited to:
1. The Bidder shall deliver fresh produce, fruit and vegetables to approximately sixtytwo (62) CCPS locations on a weekly basis. When a scheduled delivery falls on a
holiday or during a school break, the Bidder is responsible for rescheduling the
delivery with the Nutrition Buyer or designee. Unless other arrangements are
made with the School Nutrition Buyer or designee, no one other than the Cafeteria
Manager or designee is authorized to accept or check-in orders.
2. The produce, fruit and vegetables must be rinsed, cleaned, and free from pests,
rodents, and pesticide damage.
3. The fruit shall not have any evidence of bruising or decay, sulfites, discoloration,
slime or mold.
4. The produce, fruit and vegetables must be packed in appropriate commercial
packaging, such as waxed cardboard boxes. Standard industry pack (case
counts) is required and/or half packs are allowable when approved by the School
Nutrition Buyer or designee.
5. If any items are found to be defective, or otherwise not in conformity with the
specification requirements, the School Nutrition Program shall have the right to
reject such items and/or require the bidder to replace items at no additional
charge if shorted due to pack size changes.
6. The Bidder shall make deliveries only as authorized by Purchase Orders issued
by Clayton County Public Schools