Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. Install in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
B. Install in accordance with NAIMA National Insulation Standards.
C. Exposed Piping: Locate insulation and cover seams in least visible locations. Exterior of
insulation shall be uniform in appearance.
D. Insulation jacket shall fit snug to insulation.
E. Valves and fittings:
1. Insulate pipe and all valves and fittings including valve bonnets on chilled water piping.
Leave only valve stems, open ends of wells and gauge cocks exposed.
2. Insulate pipe and all valves and fittings including valve bonnets on Heating Water piping
within five feet of terminal unit heating coils. Leave only valve stems, open ends of wells
and gauge cocks exposed.
3. All Other Piping: Insulate pipe and fittings, but omit insulation on unions and valves. Taper
insulation ends and cover with jacket material.
F. Insulation at Hangers: Hangers for horizontal, chilled water and trapeze supports shall be
outside of insulation with saddles as specified herein.
1. Provide galvanized steel saddles at each point where pipe insulation passes through a
hanger or rests on a support.
2. Saddles shall be 180 arc for horizontal piping, 360 arch for vertical piping.
3. Center saddle on pipe hanger.
4. Length and gauge of saddle shall be as follows:
a. 2 inch pipe size and smaller: 18 Gauge saddle, 8 inch long, minimum.
b. 2-1/2 & 3 inch pipe size: 18 Gauge saddle, 12 inch long, minimum.
c. 4 inch pipe size: 16 Gauge saddle, 16 inch long, minimum.
d. 6 inch pipe size and larger: 16 Gauge saddle, 24 inch long, minimum.