Specifications include, but are not limited to: Agency Contract for Maintenance, Inspection, Service, and Repair of Electrical Power
Generators to the Georgia Department of Corrections.
The annual inspection/maintenance/service will include inspection and maintenance of the Engine Oil/Lube
System, Engine Cooling System, Engine Fuel System, Battery System, AC Alternator/Generator, Engine
Exhaust System, Engine Instrumentation, Engine Shutdown Protection and Automatic Transfer Switch on all
Electrical Generators and Transfer Switches located at all GDC facilities.
• Live load testing with a minimum two-hour load bank test
• Live load testing will be performed during working hours. (7am to 3 pm Monday thru Friday)
• Contractor will check all electrical connections and proper operating of the Automatic Transfer
• Contractor will clean all dust and debris from all Automatic Transfer Switch/Switches.
• Check Air Filter, Belts, Fuel Tanks, Fuel Filters, and overall functions of the Generator.
• Contractor will notify the Facility Engineer of any findings and provide a quote for any repairs.
• A sample Inspection Checklist is provided for review in developing cost. The sample provided is
essentially the same one to be used when providing service to a facility’s equipment. The checklist must
be completed by technician during each inspection and signed by Facility staff as verification that work
was completed and thereby approved for payment.