Specifications include, but are not limited to: Palm Beach County Capital Improvements Division is seeking
proposals from qualified design firms to provide design, permitting and construction
administration services for the Government Center Building (GCC) Fire Alarm and
Systems Replacement Project located at 201 North Olive Avenue West Palm Beach FL.
The GCC is a 12 story, 304,048 sq. / ft. office building that was built in 1984. The
Government Center provides office space for the PBC Administrator, PBC County
Commissioners, the Clerk of Court, PBC Tax Collector, PBC Property Appraiser, PCB
Information System Services and other various PBC County Agencies.
Originally it was a spec building utilizing floors 1-7, and was later built out during the late
1980’s to include floors 8-12. The buildings Fire Alarm system has been modified and
repaired over the years and is nearing its end of service. The first task (Task 1) of the project
is to develop a Scope or Work (SOW) to replace the existing Fire Alarm and related
systems based on the following design criteria:
• Replace the Government Center Fire Alarm System with a new system that meets
current NFPA Standards and complies with the current ESS specifications 283100
Fire Detection and Alarm Guidelines (071919), Attached for reference as Exhibit
• Remove all chemical suppression systems from the building and replace with new
system that comply with the current ESS specifications 283100 Fire Detection and
Alarm Guidelines (071919).
• Create a separate Fire Alarm System for the Government Center Garage and office
suites located in the Garage.
• The project shall maintain current NFPA 3 status.
• Upgrade and incorporate the existing Building Automation System.
• Upgrade and incorporate the existing Smoke Evacuation/Smoke Control System
including all related dampers, duct work and Atrium exhaust for floors 1-6.
• Upgrade and incorporate the existing Fire Protection System including the open
Atrium for floors 1-6.
• Address all Code and Life Safety issues associated with the Fire Alarm and Systems