Specifications include, but are not limited to: provide a continuum of services to
individuals within the state of Delaware meeting the eligibility requirements described under
Targeting Criteria. • Provide behavioral health (BH) supports in community-based settings (e.g.,
beneficiaries’ own homes or in home-like residential settings).
• Assist beneficiaries with BH needs who have a desire to work in a competitive work
environment to obtain employment.
• Provide individually tailored services for beneficiaries with BH needs.
• Offer an array of community services, such as Assertive Community Treatment (ACT),
Intensive Case Management (ICM), individual supported employment, non-medical
transportation, care management, peer supports, personal care, residential supports,
and other services to help beneficiaries live independently and in the most integrated
• Stretch limited State dollars by partnering with the federal government, increasing
individual independence, and strengthening the State’s workforce.
• Provide a strong foundation for Delaware’s ongoing efforts to ensure that all
beneficiaries with disabilities live in the least restrictive environment possible ; • Recovery from mental illness, compulsive gambling, and substance use
conditions, is our overall goal and must be an expectation of DSAMH state and
• All individuals in need of any type of health services are unique.
• Clients, and their families, reflect the diversity of our communities, including
differences in ethnicity, socioeconomic status, education, religion, geographic
location, age, sexual orientation, and disability.
• Treatment services and supports for Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and Mental
Health (MH) conditions benefit the individual client and his or her family, but also
public health, public safety, and the public purse.