Specifications include, but are not limited to: 1. ½" x 4' x 8' OSB sheathing.
2. Seam tape -As manufactured by 3M, Scotch or approved equal.
3. Rake & Drip Edge - White aluminum rake & drip. Drip edge shall be 5" wide.
4. Leak Barrier- Certain Teed Diamond Deck, Elephant Skin synthetic roofing
underlayment, GAF Weather Watch, Grace or Harvey Titanium mineral surfaced leak
barrier or approved equal.
5. Starter Shingles shall be manufactured by the shingle manufacturer.
6. Roof Shingles- shall be Certain Teed Landmark, GAF Timberline Shingles, TAMKO
Heritage, laminated asphalt shingles or approved equal. Shingles shall carry
Underwriter's Laboratories labels, UL® 790 Class A Fire Resistance, UL® 997, Wind
Resistance and ASTM D3462. Shingles shall be Class A, strip type, self-sealing
7. Hip and ridge shingles shall be as manufactured by the roofing shingles used.
8. Ridge Vent-CertainTeed Shingle Vent, GAF Cobra or approved equal.
9. Fasteners -Aluminum or galvanized sharp pointed conventional roofing nails with
smooth shanks, minimum 3/8" diameter head and of sufficient length to penetrate¾" into
solid decking or penetrate through sheathing. Provide 6 nails per full shingle. Staples are