Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The University of Connecticut (hereinafter referred to as the “University”) is seeking proposals
from qualified firms to perform Pool Water Chemistry and Monitoring Services on its aquatic
pools. It is recommended that the selected firm be able to provide the following:
• Establish a consistent program to provide superior water quality.
• Provide electronic control equipment to monitor water quality.
• Provide state-of-the-art chlorinators coupled with pH control.
• Monitor water chemistry to protect valuable equipment and pool surfaces (balanced
• Provide on-going service and training to ensure proper pool care.
It is the University’s expectation that the selected firm will provide high water quality, 24 hours a
day with a balanced pool chemistry that will eliminate any downtime with the University’s pool
and spa management program.
3.1 The contractor will regularly monitor the University’s pool and spa operation. The
contractor will provide weekly service visits to all the noted bodies of water and a
detailed electronic service report to the University Representative indicating any
findings and recommendations.
3.1.1 The report will include a complete water analysis of each body of water. The
report will also include any recommendations to ensure properly balanced
water and correct stabilizer levels.