Specifications include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform as facilitator/coordinator using the HSEEP model to deliver training to
emergency responders based on their expected function.
2. Develop a transportation related hazardous materials scenarios including extremely
hazardous substances that best fits the host and proximal community’s needs. The
scenario shall include a release to the Naugatuck River requiring booming and recovery
activities based on Geographic Response Plans (GRP’s) for the Naugatuck River. The
GRP’s can be found at the following link:
3. Conduct exercises to test the response system such as table top or virtual exercises possibly
late summer 2020. This type of exercise will be limited to key representatives of the
expected responders from Connecticut to a real event.
4. Conduct a full field exercise in fall 2020, prior to September 30, 2020.
5. Conduct an evaluation including lessons learned.