Specifications include, but are not limited to:
Qualified municipal advisory firms (the “Firms”) to
perform certain financial advisory functions as described below in connection with the
issuance or placement of various series of single family and multifamily bonds, debt,
certificate or instrument, purchase and sale of securities and derivatives, including but not
limited to, mortgage-backed securities and swaps.
(1) Provide advice and guidance about the issuance of debt, including from the
quantitative consultant’s structuring of the debt to the investment banking team’s
selling the debt. This includes the ability to provide all applicable certifications and
opinions as required by law, if any, relating to the issuance.
(2) Provide new ideas and suggestions that are appropriate for CHFA’s financial
structure and provide an evaluation of such ideas presented by outside parties,
including the quantitative consultant and the investment bankers.
(3) Act as a swap advisor (designated qualified independent representative) and assist
with the negotiation of existing or new swap agreements or other derivative and
debt related products, including liquidity and structured agreements, as to terms and
pricing. This includes the ability to provide all applicable certifications and
opinions as required by law, if any, relating to the agreements.
(4) Provide feedback and information on the condition of the bond finance market and
activities conducted by other Housing Finance Agencies (“HFAs”).
(5) Provide substantive ideas or analysis on an ad hoc basis of specific ideas or
proposals regarding the Authority’s debt and investment portfolio.