Specifications include, but are not limited to: • Inspect/assess all operating controls, safety valves and devices for proper operation on both oil and gas. Disassemble the low water cutoffs and inspect the wiring (remove the probe and clean if applicable). Remove sediment from the low water cut off cross piping. Perform a slow drain test of the low water cutoffs.
• Inspect all sight glasses. Clean and replace as needed.
• Remove and clean atmospheric burners or clean the blower fan if a power burner is used.
• Test the air switch.
• Clean, set and inspect the pilot assembly, controls and pressure switches.
• Perform pilot turn down test if an infrared or ultraviolet flame scanner is used.
• Drain the boiler water and remove the scale from the vessel.
• The boiler waterside and fireside shall be opened, cleaned and inspected for defects and damage.
• Inspect and verify combustion damper operation. Inspect and clean louver openings as required.