Specifications include, but are not limited to: Pizzas must be:
2. Fresh cooked
3. Minimum 14-16” in diameter
4. Ten (10) slices as specified to meet USDA meal pattern protein and grain requirements
5. Slices to be uniform and consistent in amounts of cheese, pepperoni and tomato sauce
6. Pizza seasoning shall not contain monosodium glutamate (MSG)
7. Each district will determine what type of crust they want to use:
a. Crust may contain 100% whole grain, a blend of whole-grain meal/flour and enriched
meal/flour of which at least 50% is whole grain, with the remaining 50% or less of grains,
if any, must be enriched OR the crust may all be enriched white flour.
8. Bidder must submit a complete nutrient analysis and sample before bid award can be issued.
9. Calories not to exceed 400, Sodium not to exceed 480 milligrams, Total Fat not to exceed 4
grams per 100 calories and Saturated fat not to exceed 10% of total calories.
B. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1. Detailed and accurate nutritional information is required for all food items purchased by the
2. Contractor shall furnish nutritional information for processed or manufactured items
3. Contractor shall provide a complete, nutrient analysis of some products as requested by the
4. Nutrient information may be obtained from an independent laboratory at the Contractor’s
5. Required manufacturer’s information:
Weight (gm) Fat (gm) Dietary Fiber (gm)
Water content (gm) Polyunsaturated fat (gm) Vitamin A (IU)
Calories (Kcal) Saturated fat (gm) Vitamin C (mg)
Protein (gm) Trans fat (gm) Calcium (mg)
Carbohydrate (gm) Cholesterol (mg) Iron (mg)
b. Processed foods should not contain any artificial trans-fat.