Specifications include, but are not limited to:
1. Merchandise: City of Show Low is requiring vending machines have a good selection of healthier snacks as well as usual snacks provided. Soda is acceptable; however choices such as non-sweetened beverages should also be included. The City will make the final determination of food/drink items that will be put into the vending machines.
2. Machines: Should be new or refurbished models in “excellent” condition. All vending machines must accept coins and be equipped with a bill validator in order to accept bills. Machines will also be outfitted with credit card readers to accept payment. There will be no charge or rental to the City of Show Low for the use of the machines.
3. Movement of Vending Machines: There shall be no charge to the City of Show Low for adding or removal of vending machines.
4. Repairs and Refunds: Each machine will be clearly marked with the Proposer’s name, address and phone for requests for repairs and refunds. Proposer is required to leave an envelope with small bills and change for City staff to refund customers if/when vending machines malfunction. Requests for repairs should be completed within 24 hours. Refunds should be made at the time of filling of machines. Proposers shall keep vending machines in proper mechanical and electrical working order.
5. Cleanliness of Machines: Proposer must maintain all of its equipment at high standards of quality, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
6. Stocking of Machines: Depending on usage, all vending machines should be stocked at least once a week. All products will have expiration dates clearly marked on them. Expired snacks and beverages should be removed weekly, if applicable.
7. Inspection: The City of Show Low reserves the right to inspect machines on a quarterly basis. If machines are not in orderly or sanitary condition, proposer will be notified and will have 24 hours to correct the problem(s).
8. Quarterly Report: The Proposer shall deliver to the Contract Manager, a quarterly report detailing the total gross sales and items sold under this Contract. Along with the quarterly report, the Proposer shall remit to the City the commission percent agreed upon in its contract based on the total gross sales indicated in the quarterly report. The gross sales statement shall include a sales summary by product and product group on a monthly basis. Submission of the quarterly report shall be no later than one month following the three month reporting period. The Proposer will interpret and summarize data contained in the Revenue Statement and provide recommendations for improvement where applicable.