Specifications include, but are not limited to: Cleaning hours will be after streetcars have returned to the OMF for the night. This can vary depending upon
schedule changes made by the City of Tucson. On weekdays, Sun Link operates six (6) Streetcars until 6:00 pm;
then reduces to four (4) Streetcars. On Saturdays, Sun Link operates four (4) Streetcars. On Sundays and holidays,
Sun Link will typically operate three (3) Streetcars. Coordination with Sun Link Management will be necessary to
ensure that all Streetcars have been cleaned prior to the next day of service.
Weekly, a minimum of six (6) Streetcars shall be cleaned nightly, Saturdays a minimum of four (4) Streetcars shall be
cleaned nightly, and Sundays and holidays a minimum of three (3) streetcars shall be cleaned nightly. Each Streetcar
measures approximately 66’ in length, 12.5’ in height and weighs 70,749 lbs. Each Streetcar has 28 seats in the
passenger compartment and two (2) operator seats in both cabs, located on each end.
Contractor’s Daily Cleaning Responsibilities:
• Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors in the passenger area and operator’s cabs. Remove all stains and scuff marks
• Clean front windshield (inside and out)
• Clean operators side windows (inside and out)
• Spot clean interior windows
• Clean exterior mirrors
• Clean interior mirrors
• Clean glass partitions
• Clean and disinfect metal stanchions/handrails.
• Clean and disinfect brackets/backs (non-cloth) of passenger seats
• Spot clean cloth seats (as needed)