Specifications include, but are not limited to:
The purpose of this RFP is to obtain professional consulting services from an Independent
Contractor (IC) in determining and implementing the organization’s legislative agenda and
priorities with the Coconino County Public Affairs Department.
The Independent Contractor shall provide the following services including, but not limited
• Assist the County in determining and implementing the organization’s legislative agenda
and priorities through consultation with the County Public Affairs Department.
• Assist in drafting County-sponsored legislation, find a bill sponsor, and lobby the bill
through the entire legislative process.
• Lobby for and against legislation in consultation with the County Public Affairs
• Review all legislation and amendments introduced by the legislature daily and will track
all bills and amendments that are germane to the County’s legislative priorities. Bill
tracking lists will be provided as appropriate and agreed to between the County and IC.
Notify the County on a regular basis of any pertinent development related to identified
state legislative priorities during session.
• Review media publications and legislative records for issues related to the County
legislative priorities and will report them as agreed to with the Public Affairs Department.
• Assist in coordinating outreach activities during the contract to educate legislators and
other stakeholders on the County’s priorities.
• As needed, present to the County’s board and/or staff members on any appropriate
legislative or policy issues during the year, in coordination with the Public Affairs
• Coordinate and assist in any legislative visits the County Elected Officials or Executive
leadership team may wish to make to the State Capitol.
• Provide a weekly report to the County, including working with Public Affairs in
preparation for the weekly County Supervisors Association (CSA) LPC meeting and
monthly CSA Board meetings. Additional reports, summaries, and briefings may be
made to County Board, Elected Officials and personnel on pertinent bills and issues in
mutual agreement with the County Public Affairs Department.
• IC may be directed to attend the CSA Legislative Summit and/or Arizona Association of
Counties (AACo) Annual Conference at IC’s cost as determined in consultation with the
Public Affairs Department.
• Identify hearings and other public meetings being held at the state legislature and will
identify stakeholder meetings that the County may wish to be involved in.
• Attend stakeholder and committee meetings and represent the County and testify on the
County’s behalf, in coordination and agreement with the County Public Affairs