Specifications include, but are not limited to: The District is seeking competitive proposals to assist teachers and students through anti-plagiarism software and writing support, assistance, and feedback.
The basic purpose of the writing plagiarism, support, and feedback software is to allow teachers and students in the District:
To provide teachers with the ability to provide students with specific feedback and support regarding originality and paraphrasing text from other sources.
To provide teachers with the ability to manage potential academic misconduct and academic integrity.
To provide students with the ability to self-check their writing for originality, to improve writing skills for current coursework, and to prepare them for college and career.
To provide students with detailed meaningful feedback to improve writing content, organization, mechanics, grammar, usage, style, etc.
To facilitate instructional interventions related to the teaching of writing.
To support cross-curricular writing skills in all content areas for all learners, including English Language Learners.
To reduce the burden on teachers of marking and providing feedback on common errors in grammar, usage, spelling, style, and mechanics. ; 2. Reports provide data by percentage of original vs. plagiarized content.
3. Ability to eliminate bibliographic and quoted materials from plagiarism report.
4. Ability to determine the size of matches and/or eliminate small matches (under a certain number of words or total percentage of submission)
5. Reports recognize student work and multiple submissions, excludes student previous submissions in plagiarism reports
6. Reports site specific sources where content originated and will direct teacher/student to original sites as needed.
7. Provides opportunity to request original submission from instructor or institution in cases of plagiarism.