Specifications include, but are not limited to: Carpet Spot Cleaning Standards.
All carpet areas shall be vacuumed prior to being spot cleaned.
All light furniture shall be moved for vacuuming and replaced in its original position taking care not to disturb work or projects.
The following are acceptable carpet cleaning methods: Dry chemical cleaning Rotary with Gyro Recovery.
Dusting cloths and equipment used shall be clean.
Dust cloths shall be treated to avoid scattering of dust.
All dusting areas shall be left free for any product streaks.
Dusting spays must be applied to dusting cloths only to avoid any damage from over spay.
1. Mop with neutral detergent, rinse, and dry only small areas of a floor at one time utilizing the least amount of water necessary to complete the task. Use this procedure especially when moping during business hours.
2. Leave water on floors just long enough to loosen the dirt.
3. Change wash and rinse water frequently.
4. Floors shall be clean and free from film, mop streaks and scuff marks.
Wash hard-to-reach places by hand or with hand brushes.
Remove gum and similar substances by hand, with a non-scratching scraping tool.
Ensure that water does not seep under baseboards.
Ensure that baseboards and corners of furniture are not bumped or damaged.
Ensure that water is not splashed on walls, baseboards, or furniture.
220.127.116.11 Floor-Finish (After Stripping):
1. Apply two coats of floor-finish with a clean applicator.
2. The first coat shall be thoroughly dry, shall be buffed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and “buffing standards” prior to applying the second coat.
3. All buffing shall be to a hard luster finish with disk-type floor machines when appropriate for the floor type.
4. Ensure that there is no heavy accumulation of floor-finish around walls, under furniture, radiators, etc.
5. If floor-finish accumulates, remove the floor-finish and refinish the area.
6. Apply only non-skid wax on floors requiring waxing.