Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. SCOPE OF SERVICES. The Proposer is expected to provide the City with general counsel
legal services, which may include any of the following:
1. Serve as the legal advisor of and be responsible to the City Council and City
Manager; advise the City Manager and City Clerk concerning matters affecting the City Administration and perform other legal duties prescribed by the City
Council and City Manager.
2. Prepare or review legal documents including but not limited to ordinances,
resolutions, contracts, conveyances, leases, easements, and legal opinions as
3. Be readily available for consultation by the City Council, City Manager, or City
4. Provide representation to the Courts of jurisdiction and/or manage the activities
of other attorneys who may represent the City in those Courts.
5. Assist the City Manager in negotiations on the City’s behalf.
6. At the request of the City Manager, or by action of the City Council, draft opinion
letters regarding, among other things, the interpretation of the City’s Code and
policies, state and federal laws, and case law.
7. Perform other such duties as may be prescribed for the City Attorney by
ordinance or by direction of the City Council and/or City Manager.