Specifications include, but are not limited to: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Attorney must have demonstrated experience in all three areas below:
• Health Law
• advising or representing hospital medical staffs and/or hospital governing bodies in legal
proceedings concerning medical staff and/or medical staff bylaw issues
• drafting or reviewing hospital bylaws.
• Licensed to practice law in Alaska
AREAS OF PREFERENCE
Preference will be given to applicants with experience concerning:
• Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation and/or Focused Professional Practice Evaluation
• Privileging/credentialing actions for hospital medical staff members
• Corrective actions/Disciplinary actions involving medical staff members
• Reviewing or advising hospital medical staff or governing bodies on medical staff bylaw
compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Conditions of Participation and Joint
Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations Elements of Performance
In addition, to the above, the coverletter must include:
• an hourly rate and any discount extended to the State of Alaska;
• a do-not-exceed estimate for the project;
• testament to the availability of the attorney to complete the work product within 30-45 days
of receiving the contract award.
• all conflicts the attorney and attorney’s firm may have with regard to matters or litigation
averse to the State.