Specifications include, but are not limited to: A. There are three (3) separate units at the McLaughlin Youth Center (MYC) that turn in clothing for laundering in
color-coded mesh bags (Detention Special Program – Black, Detention II – Blue, Cottage 3 – White).
1. Each unit’s clothing consisting of shirts, pants, socks and underclothing MUST be laundered and kept separate from the
other units and other laundry.
2. All clothing that is received by the Contractor in mesh bags shall be washed separately from all other clothing. The mesh
bag shall be washed and kept with the clothing.
3. All clothing shall be returned to the facility bundled and securely wrapped and sealed in plastic to eliminate dirt and dust
4. The clothing that is received by the Contractor in mesh bags shall be placed back in the mesh bags after it has been
washed, tumble dried and wrapped in plastic as described above.
B. At times contaminated clothing shall require laundering.
1. All contaminated clothing will be turned over to the Contractor in water-soluble bags.
2. After MYC staff place the laundry in the water-soluble bags, the water-soluble bags will be placed inside another
plastic trash type bag.
3. The Contractor shall open the outer plastic bag only and wash the contaminated clothing separately from all other
laundry, placing it in the machine without removing the laundry from the water-soluble bag.
4. This laundry will be returned to MYC separated from the other laundry and labeled with the contents contained